Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Our Next Project


I am now embarking on teaching my daughter to sew.

I am very excited about this project. We will be doing the bunny from wee wonderfuls . These are the fabrics she picked out. The bunny print is a by Michael Miller, one of my favorite designers. The kicker is I am a novice sewer so this is going to be an interesting journey. I am hoping that we will be able to finish in a decent amount of time. I am amazed at how much I love to sew. More amazing is the fact that when I do get around to sewing I typically make up my own patterns. It is my dream to pass this excitement on to my girls because it is such a pleasure and such a boost to my confidence when I see what I am able to create. My project list is long and I know that I have enough fabric to last me decades. As with most things I put 200% into my obsessions so I went overboard on my stash. Luckily I have not gone as crazy with my yarn stash but that probably has more to do with lack of space than lack of desire. So lets not even get into my crossstitch stach. :-) Well the material is in the dryer drying so off to gather supplies in anticipation of starting a new project.

No comments: